Pwllheli RFC | 1st Team 76 - 3 Caereinion OBRA | 1st Team
Robin Jones
Try 5
Deio Brunelli
Try 2
Huw Owen Williams
Try 1
Tomos Parry
Try 1
Ianto Sion Pari
Try 2
Osian Jones
Conversion 8
Elgan Davies
Try 1

Match Report
21 April 2015 / Team News

Pwllheli RFC 76 Cobra RFC 3

With glorious weather and the pitch in fine condition this was Pwllheli's first XVs final home match of the season. With a crowd of over three hundred watching Cobra Decided to play with the breeze at their backs in the first half. The opening salvoes were evens with both teams probing and testing each other out. Cobra clearly had a steady scrum and a hard tackling back row. Honours were even until the seventh minute. Pwllheli broke the defensive cover for fullback Deio Brunelli to score wide out.Osian P. Jones' touchline kick soared through the posts. Back came Cobra but they were caught on the break in the fourteenth minute when flanker Tomos Billington Parry's support play earned him a his team a try scored right in the corner. The conversion attempt drifted narrowly wide. Cobra reduced the arrears with a penalty on fifteen minutes. With the packs doing the donkey work Pwllheli began edging possession of the loose ball. From a ruck on left the ball was moved quickly to the right. The foray was initially stopped but another sharp passing movement put scrum half Danial Glyn in for a try. The Jones conversion put Pwllheli nineteen points to three ahead. Pwllheli now had the bit between their teeth but stubborn defence thwarted several attacks. The defensive wall was breached however on thirty two minutes as wing Robin Hughes Jones scorched through to score Pwllheli's fourth and bonus point try. The conversion was the last score of the half with the Lleyn team leading by twenty six points to three. The home side put in a strong second period with eight further tries coming at regular intervals. Robin Hughes Jones started the blitz with his second score on four minutes. Four minutes later centre Ianto Parri latched on from a loose defensive kick to touch down. Osian P.Jones added the two points. On fifteen minutes took clean line out ball in Cobra's twenty two. They set up a forward drive and second row Elgan Davies crashed over. The fifty point mark was reached three minutes later when Robin Hughes Jones notched up hat-trick try which Jones converted to take the score to Fifty two points to three. It was Hughes Jones only two minutes on who scored Pwllheli's ninth touchdown. The Lleyn sde's replacement flanker did well to score on thirty minutes and Jones added the two points. On thirty six minutes Deio Brunelli scored his second and the coup de grace and the final score of the day was almost inevitably scored by Robin Hughes Jones. Pwllheli play Bro Ffestiniog on Saturday in their last league game of the season. Despite Bro's lowly League position Pwllheli are very well aware that on their day Bro can give any team in Divsion 1 North a tough match. Pwllheli expect no less and will prepare hard for what is a must win match if their league aspirations are to continue. Nant have the tantalising bonus of being able to score one league point more than Pwllheli if they win their remaining three matches with a bonus point. Pwllheli have a better win count, a better try count and have scored more points than Nant but as the old heads at Nant will tell you it is league points that will be the ultimate decider. Pwllheli's players and coaches will focus on Saturday's fixture and fate will determine the rest.


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos